These burgers are a staple in my home. Two pounds of meat may seem like overkill, but all my boys (hubby included) really enjoy many of these! Plus, we have a number of the burgers left over for lunch the next day. Feel free to adjust the garlic (or completely remove) to your liking. Surely these would taste fabulous on buns (mmm, bread), but if you’re trying to avoid the extra calories and carbs like we are, know that these burgers hold their own on flavor. For a little something extra, put a cube of brie, or you favorite cheese, in the center of the burger before cooking and fold the meat over top. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs organic ground turkey
- 2 cup raw organic cauliflower processed in food processor
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 3/4 to 1 cup organic unsweetend almond milk
- 8 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- 7 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s (or organic soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Organic Coconut Oil cooking spray
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat the oven to 400º
Mix together the first seven ingredients (turkey through pepper). Shape burgers into any size you like (mini for appetizers, larger for use on buns, etc.) and place on a sheet of wax paper.
Coat a large frying pan with the cooking spray and set over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Add burgers and cook on one side approximately 4 to 5 minutes or until nicely browned. Then turn the burgers over and slide the pan into the oven, cooking for another 4 to 5 minutes.
Note: because of the amount of meat I use, I cook these in two or three batches in my pan/oven.